Seven Step Mentor Bonding Process Part 2 | Step 5 of Awakening in 30 Stepsguru devotion guru yoga mentor merit offerings Jul 14, 2021
Seven-step Mentor Bonding Process = a virtual reality psychotherapeutic encounter that we can have as many times as we wish, for however long we need, at no cost.
1) Admire Qualities - orients us towards the good in others countering the negativity bias.
2) Make Offerings - builds reciprocity, safety, and mutual closeness.
3) Disclose limits - brings the shadow out into the light of awareness and care. Shame keeps us stuck and alienated. Teamwork and love are medicine.
4) Rejoice in virtue - celebrates and reinforces our own and others’s victories.
5) Request guidance - ask for the help and blessing we need to heal, grow, and evolve. Question - where do the mentor and blessings really come from?
6) Request presence - mind transcends physical limits, we can remain close to those we love and admire lifetime after lifetime. The lineage blessings and wisdom are now installed in our heart, ever available through thick and thin.
7) Dedicate merit - commit positive energy from all our practices towards a singular result, awakening for the benefit of others.
CategoriesAll Categories 2020 2021 addiction alchemy alcoholism altar altruism altrusim anger astrology atisha awareness ayahuasca ayurveda bad advice bob thurman bodh gaya bodhichitta bodhisattva resolve brain buddha buddhahood buddhism buddhist holy sites buddhist photography buddhist pilgrimage carl jung causality compassion confidence consciousness contemplation contemplative psychology contemplative studies contemplative studies program coronavirus course covid-19 cult dalai lama damien echols dark night of the soul david newell death death economy debate dependant origination developmental trauma dharma diet dorje zong nunnery dr. amit goswami dreams dukkha dying ecology economics economy eight freedoms eight worldly winds emotions empathy emptiness enlightenment equanimity essential nectar essential oils ethics events evolution faith fear find true refuge four characteristics of karma four features of trauma four mind turnings four noble truths free free workshop freud gelugpa generosity geshe tenzin zopa gradual awakening gradual path green tara guide to the bodhisattva's way of life guru guru devotion guru viking guru yoga heal healing sounds helena norberg-hodge hero with a thousand faces hero's journey hydration immune health immune system immunity impermanence india infinite life information warfare inner journeys inner truth interview isolation jewel tree john f kennedy john perkins joseph campbell juice press jung karma kindness kobe bryant kopan lam rim let's talk life as art life economy life lessons lineage localism lojong loneliness lynn bell mandala master your becoming mcmindfulness meaning crisis meaningful life meditation memory mental health mentor mentors merit michael philip michael roach middle way miles neale mindfulness misconduct misogny monomyth moral justice myth narcissism negative emotion nepal nondualism offerings openess pandemic perception phil jacobs pilgrimage plant medicine plastic podcast podcasts polarization pranayama praxis prayer precepts preciousness of life psychology psychotherapy purification quantum racism random acts of kindness reality rebirth recipe refuge renunciation return with elixir revolution rick hanson right view rupert sheldrake sacred activism sacred space sacred spaces sacred wisdom samsara sangha scandal science self cherishing selflessness sensation service project shadow shadow work shame shantideva six preliminaries six types of suffering sleep social distancing social media solve et coagula sound meditation spirit spiritual awakening spiritual bypass spiritual bypassing spiritual mentor spirituality stress supplements tantra ten fortunes the buddha the shadow third eye drops thought police three defects of the vessel three jewels three marks of existence three principles of the path tibet house tibetan buddhism toronto sound therapy trauma trauma informed dharma triggered triple gem tsongkhapa tsum valley tulkus universal basic income urge vagal tone vajrasattva vajrayana vibration therapy virtue visualization webinar wellbeing wheel of becoming wheel of life wisdom witma yoga