DORJEE ZONG NUNNERY FUNDRAISER
EMBODYING ALTRUISM | EMPOWERING WOMEN
is a 700 year-old Tibetan Buddhist outpost in the high attitude Himalayan region of Zanskar, Northern India. The nuns who live in this humble monastery are entirely cut off from the outside world during the long winter months. They are famed for reaching advanced levels of meditative realization in this remote and difficult setting.
TO DONATE DIRECTLY THROUGH THE TIBETAN NUNS PROJECT
- Designation choice: Select "Specific Nunnery"
- Nunnery choice: Select "Dorjee Zong"
- Order Notes: Enter "Contemplative Studies Program Tribute"
Our Service Project is undertaken in collaboration with the Tibetan Nuns Project, a registered charity founded in 1987 under the auspices of H. H. the Dalai Lama to support nuns in India from all Tibetan Buddhist lineages.
OUR SERVICE PROJECT
is a voluntary initiative led by students of the Contemplative Studies Program to raise USD $20,000 in support of the educational and medical needs of nineteen nuns living at the Dorjee Zong Nunnery. Our group supports the preservation of Tibetan culture and is grateful to the Tibetan Buddhist lineage we are studying in the Contemplative Studies Program.
$15,000 Raised Towards Our $20,000 Goal
Thanks to CSP member support of Judy Akavi's Mala Project and Lisa Hyde's White Tara Tsa-Tsa Project, we have reached 75% of our goal. Their artistic creations have been generously donated so that 100% of proceeds can be given to the nuns. Only 8 malas and 19 White Tara tsa-tsa's remain.
Current Student-led Offerings to Raise Funds for the Dorjee Zong Nunnery
For Canadian Donors
Dorjee Zong Giving Group on Charitable Impact Foundation for Canadian donors who would like a charitable receipt.
Dorjee Zong Malas
By CSP student Judy Scorzo-Akavi. Amassed over years & countless adventures, purchase your "jewel seeds" to support the nuns.
White Tara Tsa Tsa
by CSP student and sculptor Padmajyoti Lisa Hyde. Tsa tsa are a form of sacred art usually depicting a stupa, Buddha or meditation deity
Questions? We're here to help! Contact Us
- Covers for many years to come the educational and medical needs of these nuns who live and study in the most remote and inhospitable conditions imaginable.
- Supports women’s empowerment, women’s rights and gender equality in a still largely patriarchal society.
- Preserves the ancient wisdom culture that is the lifeblood of the Tibetan refugee community-in-exile.
- Will be offered through a special ceremony for the nuns at Dorjee Zong at the end of our program.
- Is tax-deductable for US and Canadian donors.
is an immersive two-year training in the ancient wisdom of Tibetan Buddhism integrated with contemporary perspectives from neuroscience, trauma research and psychotherapy.
LED BY DR. MILES NEALE
Contemplative psychotherapist and author of Gradual Awakening, Miles shares with you his twenty years integrating Tibet’s ancient wisdom with neuropsychology.