Tjok Sri Maya Kerthyasa - Food, Bali, and our Grandmother's Sacred Wisdom | Wisdom Keeper E7
In this episode of the Wisdom Keeper podcast I’m delighted to be joined by Tjok Sri Maya Kerthyasa, a food and lifestyle journalist based in Bali and co-author along with Chef Wayan Kresna Yasa of the newly released book Paon: Real Balinese Cooking. In this conversation we follow Maya’s on her pilgrimage to heal from our modern culture of systemic disconnection, as she rediscovered her Balinese spiritual roots, transform her kitchen into a temple, and becomes the keeper of her grandmother’s sacred wisdom. This dialogue is filled with tenderness of the divine feminine as well as delightful surprises relevant to anyone embarking of the heroic journey of personal rebirth.
In this episode Maya and I discuss:
- Her dark night of the soul, as she faces the mind-body symptoms of modern culture’s systemic disconnection.
- How she embarked on a pilgrimage of rediscovering her Balinese spiritual roots and came under the guidance of her grandmother.
- How food can be a vehicle for the transmission of sacred wisdom
- How to transform the kitchen into a temple
- The alchemy of transforming obligation into love
- The delicate balance between preserving and innovating tradition.
- Her newly released book Paon: Real Balinese Cooking (April 2022)
- Encouragement that people embark on pilgrimage to rediscover themselves.
Buy the Book: Paon: Real Balinese Cooking https://www.amazon.com/dp/1743797532/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_S6D1H5HQ58HDART511B4
*** The Wisdom Keeper Podcast is available on:
CONTEMPLATIVE STUDIES PROGRAM Courses, Community and Buddhist Pilgrimage https://www.gradualpath.com/
25% off all courses with coupon code WISDOMKEEPER
More about Dr. Miles Neale on his website https://www.milesneale.com/
Follow Miles Neale on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/milesneale/